Saturday, February 7, 2009

My First Explosion Box

Just some patterned paper (Anna Griffin) with a corner punch, a flourish from Cricut's Home Accents, prima flowers, and a pink pearl crystal sticker.


My FIRST EXPLOSION BOX!!! Okay...this only took me SEVERAL days to finish. I just kept adding and adding and adding....Not bad for a non-scrapper, and a rustly old card maker (if I do say so myself.) I hope my Mom likes it. It's for Valentine's Day, and it's from me and the grandkids. I guess I'll have to make my Dad a card too. (Maybe something a little more simple, or it might be Father's Day before it's ready.)
Here is a link to the website that has the pattern: http://www.scrapbook-crazy.com/explosion-box-album.html

TOP LAYER OF EXPLOSION BOX:


The roses are on the backside of the flaps (I used cricut's wild card)



I thought this layer was going to be boring, with just photos, but it turned out to be my favorite!! I used a sizzix die cut for the tag with the window. I embossed "I love you" on the window flap with cuttlebug embossing folder, added a heart brad, the end of a flourish stamp, and raspberry paper behind it. The center is stamped and embossed with "Happy Valentine's Day" by Inkadinkado, and I added some country heart buttons.


MIDDLE LAYER OF THE EXPLOSION BOX:
 
This flower is on the backside of each flap.



On the middle layer I stamped the heart on raspberry colored paper and cut out each one (yes, I cut out all four.....) then each child, and myself wrote a note to Mom (or Oma). Jonah got to stamp his note, since he is only 2 yrs old.


BOTTOM LAYER OF THE EXPLOSION BOX


Here is the bottom layer of the card. I used various stickers (Basic Gray Bittersweet), spellbinder scalloped square cutouts, heart brads, prima flowers, cricut tags and hearts, crystal stickers, and other misc. stuff. One flap has a pocket with a tag you can pull out (says "I love you")


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just jumped here from Splitcoast and I must say I love your explosion box AND everything else you have here on your site. You have a great eye for "pretty".

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful! I would luv to try making that one day.

xoxo,
Lori

Angel ^j^ said...

HI ! I agree totally with you -- ANna Griffin papers are the best for refined and delicate patterns, those were such a fab choice in your explosion box !! I've been looking for dimensions to try my hand at one, but so far haven't been able to find any. Do you still have them?
See ya @ SCS -- HoarderXtraRDnaire

Mary said...

Here are the directions/pattern that I followed:
http://www.scrapbook-crazy.com/explosion-box-album.html